Yesterday morning, while checking me email, I was prompted to moderate my blog comment area and, upon doing so, experienced a ‘Sally Fields moment’. 😀 I was nominated for a 7 x 7 Link Award by fellow blogger Nissa Knows. I’m all abuzz because, well, it’s pretty freaking cool to be thought of – yeah, it gets me right here (tapping the left side of my chest).
So before I fulfill the obligations of the nomination; I’d like to thank my nominator and my readers for being there with me through this (monumental – it gets tougher everyday) journey and keeping me from feeling so alone on this side of the pond! Thank you!
Share seven things about yourself:
- I REALLY love, respect, and am totally proud of my mom, my grandma, and my great-grandma because by the grace of God and their combined forces of will, they’ve pushed each generation forward.
- I have this crazy notion that I can accomplish anything I really want to yet secretly worry that I’ll fail.
- I hate that I talk a lot and have been trying to tame the compulsion by learning to listen. (I’m still working on that one!)
- I like to be liked by everyone but I’m learning to accept that it’s not really that important.
- I try to live by the command “Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.”
- Of all of the seven cardinal sins, my biggest struggle is with ‘wrath’. (I’ve always had a temper that with daily prayer, I keep tightly – and exhaustingly – under control.)
- I LOVE to joke around and laugh. 😀
Designate seven posts into the following categories:
- Most Beautiful: An Evening of Family Tradition
- Most Helpful: The Fun Of Getting Ready for Austria
- Most Popular: Essen (German for Eating)
- Most Controversial: Food for Thought
- Most Surprisingly Successful: A Taste Of Home
- Most Underrated: Unglaublich (German for Unbelievable)
- Most Prideworthy: When Life Gives You Tomatoes, Make Bisque
Nominate seven sites:
These are the bloggers I read, which if you look closely enough, will outline 7 more things about myself.
- Vintage Vandalizm – I just love fashion!
- Gullingstorpgoatsblog – This blogger inspires me in my journey.
- The Vienna Girl – Besides being a fantastic writer, I enjoy reading her take on Vienna.
- Palm Trees & Bare Feet – While I may not always comment, this blogger’s questions of the day always make me think.
- A Kingdom Princess – This blogger helps to keep me grounded and reminds me to center myself on Christ.
- Mimie’s Microcosmos – This blogger is truly supportive, constantly keeping me abreast of activities, events, and articles in/about my new city and explaining all the confusing intricacies that go with learning the culture and language – thank’s Mimie!
- Indulge – Travel, Adventure, & New Experiences – I really dig that I can feed my travel lust via this blogger (she’s been everywhere!) while I’m temporarily grounded.